"There's not a Red America, or a Blue America, there's the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." ---Barack Obama, 2004

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spreading the joy...oh boy!

Can you sense the joy?!?! Can you sense the enthusiasm?!?! Are you as elated as I am about politics in America?!?!

Then jump for joy!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I've spent over a year posting over at THE RANT FROM BOULDER & BELLEVUE, and thought it might be time to do my own thing with political blogging...I already have two other blogs of my own on environmental issues SWEVA'S P-PATCH (with a whole new look, check it out!), and music THE DIFFERENT STAGES MUSIC PROJECT. So you might say that I have something to say, and a bit of a full plate...that makes a total of four (4) blogs that I post to, three (3) of which I'm the captain of.

So what the heck, why not keep things interesting? We certainly know that our politics do, with the reality TV circus it's all become.

For starters, I want to thank Colorado Jyms for bringing me into the blogging universe. This wouldn't be happening without him.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Dubya for inspiring the title to this blog, with another one of his inspiring comments from his speech via satellite at the 2008 RNC in Minnesota --- as part of his ongoing quest to unite all Americans with differing views --- when he referred to this diabolical specter of the "angry left" trying to bring down the McCain campaign. More on that another time.

So I thought I'd try to reverse the karma-ish course of this alleged "angry left" out there by starting "the joyful left." The title of this blog doesn't necessarily mean we're on the left, on the right, joyful, angry, or otherwise.

...and it certainly doesn't mean we're bathing in sarcasm...God knows that's not the case, or we'd be struck down with dogmatic lighting bolts coming at us from the right...or was it the left?

Let's just say I'm left-handed, and I like to write with joy...so there you go. Politically, I'm actually an Independent in the process of detaching myself from the Democratic Party. I've also been a Republican, when I definitely didn't know any better.

So that's it. Feel free to comment and add your thoughts, agreeing or disagreeing. S

No comments: