"There's not a Red America, or a Blue America, there's the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." ---Barack Obama, 2004

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oopsie daisies...not now, John


Obama's now President...alas!

But, uh, not without a hiccup or two.


Chief Justice John Roberts garbled administering the Oath of Office to Obama, mixing up the word "faithfully" near the beginning.


Of course he did.


I'm sure he's aware of it too...and I'd imagine probably beating himself up pretty hard. In his defense, I can appreciate how nerve-racking the moment must have been...but, uh, exactly how hard is it to administer an oath of 35 words? Part of me is left wondering if the guy assumed it was too easy and failed to rehearse it.


Still, that was quite a goof...I guess we can chuckle about it and move on.

Errr, better luck next time, John.

No comments: