"There's not a Red America, or a Blue America, there's the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." ---Barack Obama, 2004

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I hope to stop seeing red after next Tuesday

Simply put, he has to literally leave office.

I've figured out that my venom for Dubya won't start subsiding until he's literally out of office.

You probably wonder why I seem to get so "carried away" on this site when it comes to all things Dubya-related.

Believe it or not, I speak for lots of people out there who are angry and fed up with the last 8 years...to the point where it tends to boil over.

I'm one of them...and I won't ~ I can't ~ see ANYTHING BUT RED until the son of a bitch leaves office. Part of my fury today involves the anticipation of some serious nose-thumbing from the Oval Office in Dubya's last address to the nation, which I don't plan on watching, but probably will run into nonetheless.

Once I see Obama being sworn in, and it all starts to sink in, I'm expecting the red to start fading; hopefully to be replaced by peaceful hues of blue and green...but there will be an adjustment period.

I'm sure the red will flare back up every now and then as we learn more about the goings on during the hijacked years of Dubya...but with time, hopefully it will start to fade into the annals (or anals, if you like) of history.

No comments: